Posted: June 3, 2016
Last modified: January 19, 2017
The I-4 Ultimate project’s lane and ramp closures will be suspended on June 4, 6 and 8 from Kirkman Road (State Road 435) to Colonial Drive (State Road 50).
The closure restrictions are due to the anticipated crowds traveling to hotels in the attractions area and to downtown Orlando for the Copa America games at Camping World Stadium.
With more than 40,000 fans expected at each soccer match, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) advises that fans and residents to use the 511 Traveler Information System to navigate traffic.
This year’s Copa America is the 100th anniversary of the tournament. Camping World Stadium will play host to three group matches: Costa Rica faces Paraguay on June 4, Panama plays Bolivia on June 6 and Brazil takes on Haiti on June 8.
Florida’s 511 Traveler Information System helps travelers and residents stay up-to-date on crashes, congestion, construction and more. The 511 system provides information on all of Florida’s interstates, toll roads and other major metropolitan roadways, including those near Camping World Stadium such as Interstate 4, State Road 408 and Florida’s Turnpike.
There are five convenient ways for all motorists to receive traffic updates:
- Download the free Florida 511 mobile app available on Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Call 511 toll free for updates in English and Spanish.
- Visit FL511.com for interactive roadway maps showing traffic congestion and crashes, travel times and traffic camera views.
- Sign up for a “My Florida 511” account at FL511.com to create custom routes and register for email, text or phone alerts.
- Follow one of the 13 statewide, regional or roadway-specific Twitter feeds (#FL511), including @I4Ultimate.