Posted: November 25, 2020
Last modified: January 5, 2021
The I-4 Ultimate team is planning for holiday traffic by pausing most closures on the corridor.
Starting at 7 a.m., Wednesday, November 25 to 10 p.m., Sunday, November 29, no lane closures will be in place throughout the 21 miles of the I-4 Ultimate construction zones. This effort will help minimize potential traffic delays for motorists during the holiday travel season.
While all lanes of I-4 will remain open to accommodate expected additional traffic during the holiday, some crews still will be out working along the project. Motorists need to continue to drive responsibly through the work zone. Emergency lane closures may still occur when needed.
Additionally, motorists should be extra cautious when driving during the holiday season. As traffic increases, it is important to be alert of your surroundings and make sure your vehicle is prepared for any length of driving to avoid car stalls or potential crashes.
Here’s a few tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid distractions: Remember to put down all mobile devices. Not only is it illegal to use these devices while driving through a work zone, it could be hazardous to your safety and those around you.
- Check tire pressure: Checking your tire pressure should be done once a month. Maintaining the correct level of pressure will help avoid a tire blowout.
- Don’t drive impaired or while drowsy: Driving under the influence is against the law, but motorists should also consider their level of drowsiness after eating a big holiday meal. After a meal, consider resting a bit before getting on the road.
- Don’t speed: Follow the posted speed limits in and around the work zone.
- Call *FHP (*347): Roadside assistance is available in case of emergencies. Depending on the severity of your situation, a Florida Highway Patrol officer may be dispatched. I-4 Ultimate Road Rangers are equipped to handle minor roadway incidents and will respond if necessary.