Posted: December 21, 2018
Last modified: December 26, 2018
Nighttime lane, ramp and road closures on the I-4 Ultimate project will scale down during the winter holidays with a few exceptions.
The majority of construction closures on the interstate will be suspended from the morning of Monday, December 24, through Wednesday, January 2. Although regularly scheduled I-4 Ultimate construction closures are not occurring over the holidays, existing work zones will remain in effect and crews will continue to maintain travel lanes and conduct routine maintenance.
There are a few exceptions to the suspension of construction closures:
- Lane closures on Douglas Avenue from Westmonte Drive to Citrus Street from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. on nights of December 26, 27 and 28.
- Eastbound Interstate 4 (I-4) exit ramp to eastbound Maitland Boulevard (State Road 414) is closing at 10 p.m. on Dec. 26 – Dec. 28 and reopening by 5 a.m. the following mornings. Detour map
- Lane closures on eastbound I-4 between Maitland Boulevard and E.E. Williamson Road from midnight to 7 a.m. on December 27.
- Lane closures on eastbound I-4 between Maitland Boulevard and E.E. Williamson Road from 9:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. on nights of December 27 and 28.
- Lane closures on westbound I-4 between State Road (S.R.) 436 and Maitland Boulevard from midnight to 6 a.m. on December 27.
- Lane closures on westbound I-4 between S.R. 436 and Maitland Boulevard from 8:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. on nights of December 27 and 28.
Modifications to this schedule may be necessary because of weather delays or other unforeseen conditions.
Motorists are reminded to use caution while traveling through work zones. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) encourages drivers to allow extra travel time and to use extra caution in existing work zones. Drivers are urged to make sure they buckle up, along with their passengers. FDOT and other safety agencies also ask drivers to obey speed limits, get adequate rest before traveling, avoid distractions and never drink and drive.