Posted: July 15, 2016
Last modified: January 19, 2017
New temporary ramps are opening throughout the I-4 Ultimate project, as construction progresses to open new work zones along the 21-mile project corridor.
Many of these new ramps, while temporary, are in the footprint of the future Interstate 4 (I-4) ramps. Motorists will notice these new ramps feature longer lanes. Longer ramps help to accommodate more vehicles, reduce backups on I-4 and improve overall safety of an interchange.
As new temporary ramps open along the corridor, motorists should be aware of the changing traffic patterns. In many cases, the temporary ramps require motorists to exit sooner than the old I-4 ramps.
NEW TEMPORARY RAMPS
- Eastbound I-4 exit to Fairbanks Avenue — Opened in June, the longer ramp requires motorists to exit I-4 several hundred feet sooner.
- Eastbound I-4 exit to Princeton Street — Opened on July 6, the longer ramp requires motorists to exit I-4 several hundred feet sooner. When completed, the ramp will add one additional right-turn lane.
- Westbound I-4 entrance ramp from eastbound Maitland Boulevard (State Road 414) — Opening in mid-July, this on-ramp will require eastbound Maitland Boulevard motorists to be in the two right-hand lanes before the Lake Destiny Drive intersection.
- Eastbound I-4 exit to Lee Road (State Road 423) — Opening in mid July, the temporary ramp will create a new work area. When completed, one additional lane will be added to the exit ramp.
- Westbound I-4 exit to northbound Kirkman Road (State Road 435) — Opening in late July, the longer ramp will require motorists to exit I-4 about a quarter mile sooner.
- Westbound I-4 exit to southbound Orange Blossom Trail (US 17-92/441) — Opening in mid-July, this ramp is strictly temporary but will require motorists to exit I-4 about a quarter mile sooner. Similar to the old ramp, it will require motorists to exit on the left-hand side of I-4. However, the temporary ramp will form a temporary intersection at Orange Blossom Trail, between the westbound and eastbound lanes of I-4. The future I-4 exit ramp at this interchange will be on right-hand side of I-4.
To be notified when new temporary ramps open, sign up for I-4 Ultimate construction alerts at https://i4ultimate.com/construction-info/alerts/.