Posted: February 21, 2020
Last modified: March 12, 2020
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is installing fence around a portion of the Parramore Avenue sidewalks under State Road (S.R) 408 as soon as Tuesday, February 25, 2020, for approximately one year.
The fence is necessary to protect pedestrians from active work zones while crews demolish the eastbound S.R. 408 ramp to westbound Interstate 4 (I-4) and widen the eastbound S.R. 408 lanes over Parramore Avenue.
Sidewalks will remain open on both sides of Parramore Avenue when overhead construction activities are not occurring.
Periodic nighttime and potential daytime closures of Parramore Avenue under S.R. 408 are likely to occur throughout 2020 and into early 2021 to accommodate bridge work. Nearby residents should anticipate noise, bright lights, and backup safety alarms at night. Daytime pile driving will be necessary to construct new eastbound S.R. 408 lanes and ramps to I-4.
Please see below for a project timeline and outreach materials. Bookmark this page or stay updated with detours, closures, and road work via one of our other media channels at i4ultimate.com/signup.
Parramore Ave. under S.R. 408, including the sidewalk along Parramore Ave., are closing between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. March 18–20.
PROPOSED PROJECT TIMELINE
Phase One: 5 to 6 months
- Remove the necessary existing portion of part of the westbound S.R. 408 bridge.
- Drive foundation piles for the new widened portion of westbound S.R. 408, which will require up to four weeks or more of daytime only pile driving. (Between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.)
- Build substructure for the new portion of the S.R. 408 bridge to provide more space for the new ramp.
- Build foundations for the new portion of the S.R. 408 bridge to provide more space for the new ramp.
- All associated prep and cleanup for this phase of the operation.
- During this time, a variety of cranes, heavy equipment, crews, and delivery trucks will be present.
Phase Two: 2 to 4 weeks
- Demolition of the existing eastbound S.R. 408 to westbound I-4 ramp.
- Process ramp material and bridge waste for recycling.
- Restoration of the area, as needed.
- This work is currently scheduled for overnight hours and may occur between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- During this time, a variety of heavy equipment, crews, and dump trucks will be present.
Phase Three: 2 to 3 months
- Set girders on the new widened portion of the S.R. 408 bridge.
- Place decks on the new widened portion of the S.R. 408 bridge.
- Final finishes to the new widened portion of the S.R. 408 bridge.
Phase Four: 1 to 2 months
- Restoration of the work area and removal of all SGL equipment and assets.
- At the discretion of the city of Orlando, park amenities and layout may differ from the current design.
These phases of this operation and the proposed timelines are subject to change as a result of a wide range of factors, including revisions to the execution plans, weather, procurement, and availability of subcontractors and equipment, among other factors.
Please click below to view or download a handout detailing this operation.
For I-4 Ultimate project related information, please visit Contact Us. For questions for the City of Orlando, please call 407-246-2121.