About the Team
- Paul WabiI-4 Ultimate Construction Program Manager
- Phil HernandezConstruction Equipment Manager on I-4 Ultimate Project
- Andrea DiazConstruction Intern and Civil Engineering student
- Kim WhitesidesTrucking Foreman
- Roy TootleField Engineer
- Joe MorffiOperations and Maintenance Manager
- Maria BisiMaintenance of Traffic Office Engineer
- David FeiseProject Maintenance of Traffic Manager
- Shelley GisclarArea 2 Coordination Engineer
- Kevin Hayden FDOT Deputy Project Manager
- Jeremy Cheng MOT Foreman
- Chris CopelandCore Competency Training Program
- Daniel HaldiConcrete Compliance Project Administrator
- Joe ThrowerMaintenance of Traffic Superintendent II
- Heather ThorneWelder, Area 3
- Andrew MeltonMaintenance of Traffic, Superintendent II
- Jason HalliburtonCompliance Officer
- Johnnie Marsden IIIHeavy Equipment Trainer
- JJ MoeglingArea 1 Project Manager
- Yesenia VazquezHuman Resources Administrator
- Abby StrouseEnvironmental, Health, & Safety Intern
- Carl CallahanQuality Assurance Supervisor, Project Areas 1 & 2
- Roy SchofieldConstruction Oversight Services, Project Administrator
- Tamara MonroeSkilled Labor
- Tony HartDrainage Engineer
- Krysten WilkersonField Engineer
- Samantha PerryArea 5 EH&S Manager (Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager)
People Building a Better I-4
I-4 Ultimate will create thousands of jobs in Central Florida. These articles and videos explore the variety of people and expertise needed to build a better I-4.
In this installment, we talk with Area 3 Manager for SGL Constructors, Chris DuBois. As the construction manager in the Ivanhoe area, DuBois says he finds the construction industry rewarding as you can take pride in the finished product. The I-4 Ultimate project adds another level of excitement as it will be a signature corridor for Central Florida.
In this installment we talk with the design manager for Jacobs Engineering Group Satya Lory, P.E., PMP. Surrounded by the art of building since childhood, Satya’s interest in building a project from the ground up has never wavered. Now, Satya shares her excitement as she works on the largest infrastructure project in Florida history.
Program Project Manager Jon Walker shares how math and science skills can lead to a career outdoors in the construction field. Jon’s positive outlook and drive to do things better, smarter and faster will help transform I-4 into a signature corridor that becomes a preferred route for Central Floridians.
I-4 Ultimate Resident Engineer Mike Gwynne, P.E., discusses how construction is a family affair. With his father being a contractor, it meant the family traveled around, mainly overseas, from project to project. The I-4 Ultimate project is a return to earlier in his career when Mike was involved in the interim I-4 project.
In this installment, I-4 Ultimate Design Project Manager Beata Stys-Palasz talks about the joy of seeing her drawings become reality. For the past 10 years, Beata has been preparing for and designing I-4 Ultimate. She is closely connected to this transformative project and shares her vision for the interstate and Central Florida.
Project Public Information Officer Dave Parks helps motorists understand what’s required for projects to go from concept to concrete and how each step along the way affects them on a daily basis. He discusses why he moved his family to Central Florida to be part of history in this month’s installment.
In this installment, Jessica Keane discusses her inspiration for exploring a career in the transportation engineering industry. As a resident, commuter and public information officer, Jessica understands the value of sharing critical information and applies her personal knowledge of the area to meet the needs of the traveling public on a daily basis.
I-4 Ultimate will create thousands of jobs in Central Florida. This video series explores the wide variety of people and expertise needed to build a better I-4. In this month’s installment, Jennifer Vreeland, the I-4 Ultimate Deputy Project Manager, discusses how her work in design laid the foundation for many successful projects during her 24-year career at FDOT. With her deep Central Florida roots, Jennifer has a personal and professional stake in ensuring people know what to expect during I-4 construction.
Loreen Bobo, P.E. is the I-4 Ultimate Construction Program Manager for FDOT District 5 in Central Florida. She has been working for FDOT for 15 years and is the go-to person for the procurement, criteria package development and construction of the I-4 Ultimate project. Loreen explains her passion for engineering and the impact this landmark project will have on the region.
Steve Olson is the Public Information Manager of the Florida Department of Transportation in Central Florida. He started out in broadcasting and you may see him often on television newscasts and quoted in the newspaper explaining FDOT projects. Steve is the person the media calls about I-4 Ultimate. Steve explains in his own words more about his role in building a better I-4.