Posted: July 23, 2015
Last modified: January 19, 2017
As part of the I-4 Ultimate project, the Florida Department of Transportation is temporarily closing South Westmoreland Drive, directly under SR 408, beginning on Monday, July 27, at 7 a.m. The closure will continue every day from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Friday, August 21. The closure is necessary for bridge work to improve the I-4/SR 408 interchange.
STARTING: Northbound South Westmoreland Drive
- Traveling north on South Westmoreland Drive, begin detour by turning right on Gore Street.
- Turn left on South Parramore Avenue.
- Turn left on South Street to proceed to end of detour at South Westmoreland Drive.
STARTING: Southbound South Westmoreland Drive
- Traveling south on South Westmoreland Drive, begin detour by turning left on Anderson Street.
- Turn right on South Parramore Avenue.
- Turn right on Gore Street to proceed to end of detour at South Westmoreland Drive.
The $2.3 billion I-4 Ultimate project is reconstructing 21 miles of interstate from west of Kirkman Road to east of State Road 434 in Longwood. For more information about I-4 Ultimate, contact David Parks, I-4 Ultimate Public Information Officer, at 844-ULT-INFO (844-858-4636) or DavidParks@I4Ultimate.com.